Thursday, October 15, 2015

Life, Love & Home at Scrap Africa

{My DT work for Scrap Africa}

Hi everyone! How have you been? I'm fine, other than my regular schedule, my kiddos keep me busy with their school activities and final examination just around the corner. I'm also in the sewing mojo the past one week and shall be sewing a dress for myself to wear on my daughter's graduation day this coming Thursday. Pretty excited about that {smile}.  

Back to artsy talk, I completed a layout recently based on a mood board from Scrap Africa. This time I chose to scrap my niece walking in the park. Every December my children and Zahra' get together at my parents spending year end school holidays; the only moment we get to hang out because of the places we live in are miles apart to see each other often. We had fun time that afternoon last year wandering about at this green sight nearby my parent's home. 
Supplies used: Eno Greetings patterned papers, Sunlit border punch, Alpha gesso & modeling paste, Sizzix die and machine, Sizzix leaf stamp, Kaiser craft stamp, Versafine onyx black ink pad, Micia brown ink pad, Tim Holtz distress ink pad, mesh and gem

Denise created this pretty bloom and interesting color pallets to challenge you this fortnight. I also love the quote by Jim Carrey. Yes, I want to be like flowers, they don't worry {me either} about how their petals {my days} will look like when blossom {my days to be day to day}, they just grow {I must just move on...but with plans, hope, dream and prayers to be included too...lol}.
Some up-close pictures:
I love layers; the more the merrier. Because I go for shabby, I distressed the edges using blunt scissor.
Taking my page to C'est Magnifique because I just love the sketch by Djamila Khiter {thank you}:

I look forward to see your work at Scrap Africa mr linky by 31st October. Until I see you again, have a blossom day.

Hugs and smiles, 

6 comments:

  1. Great layout Asmah, beautiful flowers and text. I love it !
    Hugs
    Willeke
    Made by Willeke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout! Love all the blossoms and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! I love how well the papers match your photo! Your leaves are so pretty. Thanks for joining the C'est Magnifique October Sketch Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty girly page! I like your embellishing and how you treated the edges. The quote is stunning! Thank you for joining our C´est Magnifique October Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout !

    Thanks for joining the C'est Magnifique October sketch Challenge ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah