Monday, July 24, 2017

Special Birthday @ DS4J

{My DT work for DS4J}

Hello friends! I have been very quiet for so many days I know. My last post was July 10 and then I was creating for some custom orders and upcoming design team work as well as balancing between working from home, housework, sewing clothes, mothering and family time. I was occupied and keeping everything organized as much as I can until mid-July approach bringing us the most saddest news ever. The evening of July 15, my husband received a phone call from his youngest sister of their beloved father's passing. My mother-in-law was with him until his last breath. My 78yo father-in-law was ageing and not in the best of health but still able to drive to the mosque, eat and drink as usual, walk up the stairs to his room except he didn't have the energy for gardening anymore. I used to help him cleaning his garden together but ever since he can't do it anymore, I would do as much as I can when we visited him. Now is just a memory that is still hard to swallow! 

After the funeral on July 16, we spent many days with my mother-in-law until it was time for me to go home with mountain of dirty clothes and plenty of things to get done since we left the house in emergency so the house was completely a huge mess. I left the house with tea time dishes unwashed, oven not wiped, clothes unfold, floor not swept and mopped and dining table full of dt work with paints and stuff. Even the sewing machine was not kept properly let alone fabrics and sewing materials all over the room.

Enough blab...thank you for reading so far {smile}. Today this moment ignoring a badge of laundry to fold {never mind that}...so eventually, I am able to share with you my long waited post for Digistamps4Joy mid-challenge reminder project I did before my father-in-law left us forever.
 A few close-up pictures:
The challenge will end at the end of this month so you still have ample time to submit your paper craft creations.

I hope my card gives you an inspiration to play with mixed media elements if you like that and create to your heart content.
Until I see you in the next couple of days. Take care and thank you for dropping by.

Hugs and smiles,

4 comments:

  1. I love your card. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear of your very sad news. What a gorgeous project today x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Gorgeous and love those flowers and background textures ...! So sorry to hear about your father in law, may Allah SWT gives him Janna ! Amen ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asmah, so very sorry to hear about your father in-law...deepest consolonces... hugs!

    Your mixed media card is beautiful! Lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friend!

I honestly appreciate your time visiting me today. I value your sweet comment. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Hugs-n-Smiles,
Asmah